The Best Foods for a Healthy Mouth
Richview Family Dentistry has a list of the best foods to help you maintain a healthy mouth
- Milk, cheese, and other dairy products are low in sugar which is good for your dental health.
- Dairy products contain protein and are full of calcium, which can help strengthen your teeth leading to a healthy mouth.
- Phosphorus-rich foods such as meat, poultry, fish, milk, and eggs help to strengthen your teeth and contain valuable nutrients and protein.
Fruits and vegetables
- Fruits and vegetables are not only an essential part of any balanced diet but can also be good for your teeth.
- They are high in water and fiber which helps to balance the sugars they contain and help to clean your teeth.
- Nuts contain protein and minerals essential for overall health.
- Nuts that are low in carbohydrates don’t add to your risk of cavities because tooth decay is caused by acid-producing bacteria that are activated by carbs.
- Chewing nuts also stimulates saliva production which can reduce your risk for tooth decay.
- Water right out of the tap is the best beverage for your oral health. Clarksville’s water is safe to drink and is fluoridated.
- Fluoride helps to make teeth more resistant to the acid attacks that can cause cavities.
Of course, Richview Family Dentistry recommends brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing daily to maintain a healthy mouth.
If it has been a while since your last check-up or if you’re new to the area and looking for a family dentist, give us a call today at (931) 647-2243. We love new patients at Richview Family Dentistry!