Sue’s Strawberry Pretzel Delight
● 2 cups of crushed pretzels
● 3/4 cup of melted butter
● 3 tablespoons of white sugar
● An 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
● 1 cup of white sugar
● An 8 ounce container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
● 2 packages, 3 ounces each, of strawberry flavored jello
● 2 cups of boiling water
● 2 packages, 10 ounces each, of frozen strawberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar, then mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until set, then set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar. Fold in whipped topping, then spread mixture onto cooled crust.
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. Pour and spread filling over cream cheese layer, then refrigerate until set.